Saturday, September 16, 2006

Guitar Goddess....

Lately I have been feeling the need to play a musical instrument, and in fact, to learn a new musical instrument. That instrument is an electric guitar. I guess I need to rock out? I don't know. All I know is that I keep thinking about purchasing an electric guitar, but I won't let myself right now. For one thing, Michael and I are saving for a Wii (the new Nintendo console, coming out in November). Between that and Christmas, I think to purchase something like a guitar (even the fairly cheap starter-kit one I would want) right now would be ill-advised. Plus, as Michael correctly pointed out, between the Sims 2 Pets expansion pack coming out in October, the Wii, and of course, ever-looming schoolwork, I probably won't have time to learn to play guitar. He thinks I wouldn't play it as much as I think I would, and this time I'll have to concede that he's probably right. But I still want to PLAY!!! Do you people think I could rock out? Do you think I could learn to play, given my personality and responsibilities? If I still want one come spring, I'll probably buy one. Any advice on what to look for in an electric guitar? Anything?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude, i don't know anything about electric guitars, but i do know a little something about the air guitar. if you want to join our guns n roses air tribute band in the meantime you are more than welcome. i'll even let you be Slash.