Friday, May 11, 2007

Camping Trip!

As some of you know, Michael and I took a camping trip to the place where we honeymooned, the T. H. Stone Memorial St. Joseph's Peninsula State Park. I have posted pictures from our vacation here, for anyone who is interested.

Michael and I are enjoying our summer, thus far. I have a lot of reading to do, because I'm taking my special area exam at the end of the summer. I am also participating in various reading groups, and will be assisting for a class during the latter part of the summer. Michael is busy working on experiments, as well as preparing lectures and course materials for the course he will be teaching in Fall 2007.

Michael has been really busy working with our yard by doing all the big stuff (seeding, watering, mowing, etc.), and I have been trying to do some of the more decorative and wild-life stuff (flowers, bird feeders, bird baths, etc.). We have a little above-ground pool that we will be putting up soon, and we need to level part of our yard to do it, as well as put up some lattice on our backyard fence to give us more privacy. Last year, the pool was on the side of the yard that is obscured mostly by our house, but we want to put it in a different spot this year. We also want to keep the neighborhood kids out of it, for fear that little kids might sneak in and drown, so we will be locking our gate and trying to obscure the fact that we have a pool back there. In any case, it should be fun, once we get it set up.

No comments: