Thursday, August 23, 2007

Ridiculous

So. This week I participated as an associate in a conference held by the Program for Instructional Excellence (PIE), and the first day was rather....not fun, just because I was one of the few poor souls assigned to the outdoor manual labor required in order to provide lunch and seating to about 300-350 people. Surprisingly, however, this wasn't the worst part of the day. That began soon after I got into my car (with the blistering hot steering wheel). I just wanted to get home as fast as possible, and I had just turned onto Jefferson, when lo and behold, I was suddenly behind a jeep filled with four guys. What was so bad about that, you may ask? Well, the fact that they were going TEN MILES AN HOUR down the street, slowing down to five at certain strategic spots. Why were they doing this? They were cruising down Jefferson, gaping at the slew of new potential sorority sisters packed under tents in front of the sorority houses. Just as I was about to punch my horn and lean out the window making colorful suggestions (I was very tired, very sweaty, and very angry, and thus not my usual reserved self), we came to a stop sign, and another car had the right of way, and got between us. What a STUPID way to spend your time. What an INCONSIDERATE thing to do to other drivers on a two-lane street. C'MON! (Said with Gob Bluth's intonation).

No comments: