Sunday, September 09, 2007

Gym Experience #1, kinda.

Technically, I have been to the Leach Center gym at least once before, so I guess I should instead claim that this is my second gym experience, but whatever. Since I have so much trouble working out late in the afternoon, I decided to start working out in the mornings at Leach Center. I'm still a little freaked out about taking most of my showers there, but I hope the benefits will outweigh the inconveniences. I thought I would try to be smart, and go today (Sunday) so I could see the lay of the land, and figure out what machines I would use, etc.. This did not work out as planned. I've never used weight machines before. Ever. As a result, I have no idea what these things do, the best combination in which I should use them, or how to adjust them for my height and ability. I just wandered around the weight machine area, looking lost and terrified. I finally choked back my pride and waddled up to the Fitness Counter (geez) and explained my predicament, being very honest. And that is why I now have an appointment tomorrow morning with someone named Jorge, who will talk with me and prescribe a workout program based upon my fitness goals, as well as show me which machines to use and how to use them. I know I should be relieved, but right now I'm still pretty scared. I'm sure I will have more to say about this particular experience later.

No comments: