Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Baby Steps

Losing the baby weight is hard, my friends.  Ever since I seriously began trying, I've lost about ten pounds, and that was a great feeling--a lot of momentum that was achieved mostly by adjusting my eating habits.  Now that momentum has stalled and I'm at the point where I need to start exercising to keep the weight loss going. 

When I'm very good, I'm doing some weight training once a week with a friend on Sunday mornings.  We haven't been able to keep this up regularly and we've missed for the last month at least due to various things--illnesses and life stuff just elbowing it aside.  In the past two or three weeks, I've been trying to work out during the week, too.  I've been hula-hooping and jump-roping, usually for sessions that total no more than thirty minutes. It's not much, but it's fun and for someone as out of shape as I am, it's plenty challenging. I'm trying to master the art of walking forwards and backwards while hula-hooping, which is surprisingly difficult to do.  People do some amazing things with hula hoops--if I get any good and learn some of the cool tricks I'll have Michael record me one day.  

No comments: