Saturday, April 28, 2012

New haircut...

So I got a new haircut.  It's short again, which is much more in keeping with my lifestyle and personality.  I took the following picture to a local place that has cosmetology students (have I mentioned that I'm super reluctant to spend much on my hair? In other words, I'm cheap?):




Unfortunately, I got something that wasn't quite that haircut.  It wasn't really bad...but it wasn't what I'd wanted.  The silhouette was completely wrong--too long in the back and on the sides and too short at the top.  After pointing to the picture several times and saying, "Make it look like that" I finally just told the poor cosmetology student that it looked great and I paid and left.  I went home, hoping it would magically look like what I'd wanted, and of course it didn't.  I thought, "Maybe it will look better with razored ends or something".  And then I looked up how to do that, and I did it myself!

I know, I know--you're thinking that's taking a ridiculous risk--but here was my reasoning:

  1. I wasn't very happy with it the way it was.
  2. If I messed it up, I would just go to a different salon and get them to fix it.
  3. If it worked, then that would save me time and money!

Here was the result of my efforts:



Trust me--it looks a lot closer to what I wanted than what I had when I came home.  I'm pretty happy with the results.  It probably looks crazy from certain angles, but so far I can't really find anything that seems too out of place.  I'm considering putting in some highlights, too......

 







No comments: