Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Dreams

While I don't have recurring dreams, I do have a recurring type of dream. Of the dreams I can actually remember, most involve me trying to achieve some sort of goal or complete a task, and my every attempt is somehow thwarted. Thus, my dreams are like problem-solving nightmares, which means they are rather frustrating. Last night (or early this morning) I had a dream that I was sitting at a table outdoors with some friends (I can't remember who they were, or where we were), and I suddenly felt someone touching my hair. I look back, and a woman, who appears to be a hairdresser, is cutting my hair. I thought to myself, "Oh, that's right, I wanted to get a haircut." However, after taking maybe two snips of hair, the woman leaves, and I get up to follow her so I can get my haircut finished. Unfortunately, we are in this huge crowd of people, and I lose her. So I think, "Well, I'll just go get one at a salon or something." I go in search of a salon that somehow I know is nearby, and upon reaching it, I find that it is closed, because it is Sunday. I woke up with the feeling of frustration, because in my dream I thought, "No salons are open on Sunday!" I have no idea why I thought that, or even why I didn't think it was strange that a woman just came up behind me and started cutting my hair. Many of my dreams are this way. It's really weird.

No comments: