Saturday, December 03, 2005

Okie Dokie

Well, after a long time of no posting, I should have a lot of news, right? Well, maybe not. My life can be dreadfully dull. Michael's parents are staying with us right now, and will be until around the 19th of December. Michael and I will be going to Texas for Christmas, which will be very nice. It may also be a bit hectic, since I have to accomplish a lot of wedding planning/securing of things while I am there. I have thus far purchased two gifts, and two gifts only. I need to finish my Christmas shopping very soon.

Ummm....school is going well enough, and is almost over (one more week before finals begin). I need to get cracking on a paper I have due next Wednesday (the plan is to write three pages a day from now until Tuesday). I may have to go to school over this weekend in order to concentrate on it, because there are a lot of distractions here at the house.

I watched the new Pride and Prejudice movie over the Thanksgiving break...twice. Yeah, I'm a sucker for such things. I am half in love with Mr. Darcy as portrayed by Matthew Macfadyen. A lot of people complain that he makes Mr. Darcy seem shy, rather than proud, but I really don't think that is the case. There were too many scenes where he really seemed very condescending. What IS the case is that his delivery of certain lines was AWESOME. I was able to see why Lizzie would fall in love with someone that first appeared so very rude. Don't get me wrong: Colin Firth was an almost perfect Mr. Darcy, but he had a lot more time to convince us that Lizzie could fall in love with someone that seemed so haughty before (it was a...I think 6 hour long miniseries, right??). Matthew Macfadyen only had 2 hours, so some of Mr. Darcy's traits had to be softened a bit, or we wouldn't have been convinced. Overall, the new Pride and Prejudice was a beautiful movie. Anyway, on to do the day-to-day things, like drink coffee, etc.

No comments: