Monday, June 27, 2005

Exercise and road construction

I fell off the wagon. My exercise wagon. I really didn't mean to, it just sort of happened. First, the week in Texas threw me way off...and then when we got back, all the stuff with the movers and everything gave me lots of excuses to put it off. I am happy to say that I have started again today, and that I think I'll get my exercise groove back. This is the first time since I've been back from Texas that I enjoyed my exercise routine again. Every other time I tried it was just annoying and boring. I think it helps that I made a new music playlist on Windows Media Player that has nothing but faster-paced tunes that I really like. I can pipe it in through the sound system, and it really keeps me going.
I haven't griped about it on here yet, but we've had some major road construction going on near our house since February. Due to the most recent detours from this road construction, we have had to take the long way to get to a lot of businesses and even to school for the last month. It sucks. Even with the main detour began in February, it was still kinda sucky, because we had to give our friends directions on how to navigate through these little neighborhoods to make it to our house. The road is looking close to done now, as they have started painting the lines on, and I know that part of the detour will be lifted at the end of June in a few days. I am hoping that they will be done with the entire thing at the end of June, because that would be AWESOME. A straight shot to everything would be so nice.

No comments: